On Tuesday we all traveled down to Springdale to try our hand at tubing the Virgin River. (Sorry no pictures) Well it was quite the experience and I have the bruises to prove it.
To start off with we left after the boys got off work. We found the place that rents tubes. It cost about $20 per person. We had to rent water shoes to which I am glad we did because my flip flops would have not done the trick. Anyway there was our group and another group going at the same time which was 23 people. It is about a two block walk from where you get the tubes to where you get in the water. When you get to the spot where you launch there isn't alot of room. I was trying to move over as much as I could and hit a tree root with my tube and it popped. So we sent Jordan back to get me a new tube. Well he didn't come back so I finally hiked back up to the rental place to see what was going on. Jordan was just sitting there. They told him to wait. So I went to find out why he was still there. The guy was coming out as I was going in. I asked him what the problem was and he said well I need to know what happened. So I told him that it was my tube and it hit a root and popped. Then he says well we will have to talk about replacement cost. And I am thinking well first of all I wasn't even in the water and second it hit a root, no one was messing around or anything it was just an accident. Then he says well we don't have any other tubes so one of you won't be able to go (there were tubes sitting on the grass). I said what about those tubes and he said well there are people inside waiting for those. So then I sent Jordan back to go with the rest of the group and I told him to tell them that I would just meet them back here. After Jordan left I asked the guy why they couldn't just patch the hole. (it wasn't a big hole). He said that they can only patch punture holes. So then I asked about getting a refund since I wasn't going and he said we would have to talk about that then the lady that helped us pick out our tubes came by and picked up my tube and says to me "Aren't you going to go" and I said that he told me that there were any tubes left. Then she looked at the tube on the grass and the guy and said you can take that one. so off I went but was nervous the whole time about popping another one. I was hiking back down when I met Ashlee hoofing it back up the hill mad as mad because they weren't going to let me go.
SO THE ADVENTURE BEGINS AGAIN:
We all get launched into the river and right off there are some really rocky parts where most everyone fell of there tubes. This is the most rocky river I have ever been on. I came up with so many bruises and so did my mom. I wish I had taken pictures of them all (expecially the one on my backside it is huge). Then if that wasn't bad enough it started thundering and lightening. Which is a little scarry when you are out on a river. So we beached for a little while to wait. Then since it wasn't getting worse we decided to just keep going. After the first issues and the first parts of the river we had a great time. It took about 2 hours to go down. We probably won't do that one again
When we got back to the rental place. My mom and Jessica went to find the guy that had talked to me about the tube and make sure they weren't going to charge her card for it. He said we would have to pay for it but when my mom said that we wanted the tube if we had to pay for it then he backed down. (I am sure that they would have had me pay for it and then patched it and use it again).
56 We were walking down the stairs to go to the car when Jessica spotted a huge black widow on the rock just under the hand rail. So she stuck her foot up to kill it. I said loudly don't it might get you. A guy from the rental place ran out side yelling "you didn't kill my black widow did you" and Jessica said yeah why? it is a scarry spider and can hurt you.(She actually missed it and it went into it's hole) Then he went into a 5 minute lecture about how black widows are important for the environment and are needed. We were happy to get out of there.
We will never go their again but maybe to the place by Big Rock Candy Mountain, anyone know about that one??
August on the Way Out
3 weeks ago











No comments:
Post a Comment