Our next destination is KODACHROME BASIN. It is up near Bryce Canyon. You have to go through Cannonville and take the turn there. It is about 9 miles from Cannonville. It is always a pretty drive.
First we stopped at the campground and found a shady picnic table to eat at. Everyone was starving by then. In the pictures we have the Jordans wrestling, then the kids not liking the car ride. Then some wildlife that stayed right there while we ate.
This is a view as you are coming back out. It is very pretty there with alot of interesting rock formations. There were about 7 or 8 hikes we only did 2 since everyone was tired from the long weekend. My feet were happy about that.
First we took the Nature Trail hike. It was a leisurly trail with a brochure telling you what each item was. Jessica, Grandma and I learned alot while the boys ran the whole thing and Stuart and Grandpa walked ahead of us. 
Then we drove to the other end of hte park to a trail that leads to the Shakespeare Arch. It was a longer trail but the scenery was beautiful as always. (We take so much forgranted living in this beautiful area)

The kids and grandma heading back to the car.
On the way back I wanted to get a picture of the family on the bridge. They didn' t cooperate very well but oh well. On the trail back the kids were haveing a great time giving piggy back rides. At one time they were trying to get two on Jordans back. they never succeded on that one. It was quite a hoot watching them. 
All in all we all had a great time. Even though the kids complained some. It was a great day.











4 comments:
Only a few more days and we can join you on your little vacations. Can't wait!!!!
I LOVE your scrapbook looking pictures. Especially the picture over the picture ones. I can't ever get those to look good. I need to practice more!
Looks like sooo much fun! I like seeing all the pics!
Love the new blog background and the great pics. You are my blog idol!
Post a Comment