Monday, December 1, 2008

SATURDAY ANNUAL TREE CUTTING PARTY

Every year since I was in elementary our family (cousins, Aunts and Uncles and all) go to the Kaibab and cut our Christmas trees on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Alot of us have fake trees now but we still go out and have fun. This year Brian and Ashlee got a real tree.
After about 30 minutes Ashlee came back but no Brian (she was tired)
The tree that Brian found. It was a bear for him to pull out. Stuart went to help him pull it out as soon as we could see him. (Jessica and I didn't get out of the car it was cold). Their tree today.
After we get trees we all meet and have lunch together. Everyone brings something to share like soup or sloppy joes or stew and we all eat and just have a great time being together. I love our family traditions. Our FHE was on traditions tonight. We have alot of them and I am so greatful for those traditions old and new that bring our family closer together.

2 comments:

Boo said...

I absolutly love this tradition! I wish we did it. We did when I was little. My kids would love it, but not so much my hubby- bummer. Looks like he found a great tree.

Stubbs Stuff said...

Nothing better than good ole family traditions! I love going to get Christmas trees! The tree looks great. I didn't know there was that much snow up on the Kiabab yet.