Monday, December 29, 2008

CHRISTMAS 2008

Every year we spend Christmas Eve and night at my parents house. We had our usual soups in bread bowls for Christmas Eve and then played Monopoly (which is not my favorite). Then we drove around in the snow and looked at Christmas lights . After we did that, we went back to the house and opened our one Christmas eve present (PJ's). Every year since I was little, we always get a new pair of pj's for christmas eve. It is a fun tradition. Then it is off to bed (for the kids, the parents (mom and I) are up til really late making sure that everything is perfect). Here is our Christmas tree before everyone came in and the room was destroyed. I think everyone was up by 7:30am. After this Stuart was in charge of taking pictures while I handed out presents. I think that everyone got what they wanted. It was a great year. I was a little worried because it seems that each year that they kids get older the harder christmas is. When they are little they write santa a letter so you kind of know what they might want but when they get older you just have to guess. I hope I did okay. I haven't heard any complaints yet.

Here is Jordan, Brian and Ashlee opening presents.



Stuart actually suprised me this year. I have always wanted a big picture of Christ. I had a small one on the wall in the living room . I was so excited to put this up. Now I need to get some vinyl words to put under it. It is such a beautiful picture. I love it.
Christmas was great except that Tammi and her family didn't get to come down this year we sure did miss them.
We have had fun just vegging at home the past week, eating and making goodies. It is back to exercising tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Christmas was perfect. Happy New Year to you all!
Love ya, Pete

Annie Sunshine said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas. I like the idea of putting words under the picture. When your wall is done you will have to post a picture...I love new and fun decorating ideas, but I have to see them to get the concept.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

we are waiting to hit the gym on monday!!! I am prolonging it! :) Happy New Year!

shellie said...

That is neat that you still sleep over at your parents house. So much fun to be all together. I am jealous you have your mom in the same town as you.

Tammi Shepherd said...

Wow, Stuart I am impressed! Looks like you all had fun even without me there :( Maybe someday you can all come here for Christmas! Love and miss you all!

Ashlie Dalton said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Looks like you guys had a nice one. :)

Nicole said...

Great gift from Stuart!

LOVE the picture of your tree - very pretty!