We just got home from the Jack Leavitt Family reunion(check out the slide show below). I have the best family in the world. I love them all so much. It was so fun just visiting with them. It seems like we hardly ever see each other anymore. The older the kids get the less we see everyone. We had quite a few family members there this year. Saturday we set up camp and played and visited. The kids rode 4 wheelers most of the day. Some of the younger kids did some craft projects . In the evening the adults played the Newlywed game. It was a hoot. Stuart wasn't able to go so I had to sit out of all the couple games. But it was fun to watch. The winners of the newlywed game were 3rd place: Jerrol and Peggy winning a dinner for 2 (a lunchable), 2nd place: Kasey and Shawn winning a hot tub (a blow up kiddie pool) and 1st place: Troy and Melanie winning his and hers ATV's (matchbox size). It was so fun listening to the different answers and funny answers each person gave I wish that I would have taken the camcorder to record the whole game.
Sunday we got up to rain. It had started about 8am and rained for a couple of hours. By the time it was time for church it had quit. Church was wonderful and the spirit was so strong. I love church at reunion. After that we had a family dinner which was great as usual. In the afternoon we played games. We had a blindfolded car race game and a blindfolded paint ball shootout. It was alot of fun. In the evening we had Family Home Evening it was great Troy and Melanie and Tanner did a great job. We had a little lesson and then split up into three teams and played pictionary. If your item was a song you could earn 5 extra points for your team if you sang it and 2 points if your team sang it. We all had a great time guessing what each person was drawing and singing the songs that were picked.
After family home evening the kids and I packed up and came home. Jessica had been sick the whole weekend and didnt want to stay another night and since we would just be packing up and coming home in the morning we decided it would be better to just come home after all the activities on Sunday. I am glad we did. After we left they had a really bad storm which I am really glad we missed out on. So after I found out about the storm that hit I wasn't feeling so bad about leaving early.
Terra Oliphant was in labor all day Sunday. She was such a trooper. They finally left that night and she ended up having a baby girl today around 4pm. (Sept. 1st)
Terra Oliphant was in labor all day Sunday. She was such a trooper. They finally left that night and she ended up having a baby girl today around 4pm. (Sept. 1st)
Congratulations Terra on doing such a great job and bringing another beautiful baby to our family. We love you.
We had a few birthday's while we were up there.
We had a few birthday's while we were up there.
August 31st
August 31st
Sept 1st.Happy Birthday to you all!!!











3 comments:
How fun!!! I'm so sad we missed out, but I was safer to stay home JUST in case :) Thanks for posting so I can see what we missed!! I like just knowing.
wow- your slide show is cool. You've really taken you blog to a higher level- hee hee! Looks like a good time.
We had so much fun with everyone. It is always one of our highlights of the year.
Post a Comment