Today was our communities(Kanab, Fredonia and Moccasin) Pioneer day celebration. It was fun. The Parade started at 10am. Here are some pics from it. We had a bagpipe band right after the color gaurd but I didn't get a good picture. They sounded great though.
This was the first entry after the band. Cute pig. The miniture horses were really cute. 2nd ward bishopric. They rode in style. 3rd ward float. The RS and priesthood did a great job our ward YW and a couple of the leaders. They look so cute in the little red dune buggy. 5th ward they had 6 or 7 handcarts and they all were dressed in pioneer clothes. 6th Ward bishopric in a vintage corvair. Fredonia 2nd ward did a good job decorating their rhino . Susan Honey and her granddaughter were the parade clowns. She is always so good to do this.
my favorite entry was a horse drawn bug'gy(yellow vw bug). You can't see the rope but the horse is pulling the vw bug. I love it!! There were boys who were the official POOPER SCOOPERS. They did a great job. After the parade there were booths in the church parking lot. They had games for the kids. Entertainment provided by many people and great food catered by Houstons. I was trying to get a good random shot of my kids but they didn't cooperate so I will keep trying.
I hope you all had a great Pioneer Day celebration.
End of an Era
1 month ago











5 comments:
You are totally out of contraol...its not even 4pm and you already have these blogged. Im jealous
I don't have little kids to deal with either. Plus I like the do it now approach because if I don't it doesn't get done.
Great pictures, It was fun seeing you on the side lines. You should have been where I was sitting. Hope you have a great weekend.
I was involved with my stake calling right before and after the parade so I knew I wouldn't be able to be in the parade too. Plus you looked alot better than I would have.
I didn't even see some of the stuff you posted- hmmm. Maybe I should watch closer. It was a nice day for it wasn't it? Saw you and your kids and was going to come chat, but then you were gone. . . .
Post a Comment