Sunday, July 6, 2008

4TH OF JULY

As always the 4th of July celebration in Kanab was a great one. The kids had fun.. Ours started early at 4:15 am when Nick Ramsay called to see if Jordan wanted to go with them to clean up a truck wreck that had happened out east. So Stuart took Jordan down to the station to meet Nick at 5am. Then Stuart went to set off the salutes at 6am. It is always amazing that they can be so loud but I was already wide awake from the earlier stuff. Then at 9 am I went to help judge the floats that were going to be in the parade. Some people had but a lot of time and effort into the floats. Then the parade was at 10am .

This is the Class of 88' float (Tammi's class) I didn't get a picture of the other side but I thought it was funny that all the girls sat on one side and the boys sat on the other side.
This is Stuarts new toy it just got here on Monday so it doesn't have any lettering yet and I am glad that some one else pays for his toys. Jordan made it back just in time for the parade he is in the ambulance with Stuart and Austin.
Those are the only pics that I took at the parade my girls were to busy taking pics of themselves.
After the Parade we went to the park for food and to play some games. I spent most of my time at the pool getting it ready to open. We had a free swim day that day which started at 2pm right after the ribbon cutting.

I didn't get any pictures of the pool that day because I was busy and didn't think about it but we had about 400 people swim between the two sessions we had. It was a mad house. ( the pics were taken on Sat the 5th. It was a lot quieter)

After the pool closed there was a dinner and a program. They both were great. Then at about 9:30 the much anticipated fireworks show began. It was great this year. They just topped off the whole day.

I hope you all had a great day also.

4 comments:

Boo said...

Looks like you had a great forth. Whenever I saw you you looked very busy. Thanks for all your work on the pool. We haven't been yet. i think I need jani's help with my two babies, so just waiting to get her back! Can't wait though- looks so fun!

Nicole said...

The two people you asked about are Suzy Kennedy and Royce Cox.

Tammi Shepherd said...

There's nothing like Kanab 4th of July. I am sad that we missed it. Maybe next year if our schedules work out better. We miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love fireworks? We had a great 4th. We were happy to have Chad with us. He actually had it off. It was so nice.