Monday, May 18, 2009

LEAVITT FARM

Here in town there is a field where a couple of years ago I believe one of the wards started a community garden. In this garden you can lease/rent a 20' x 50' plot to plant a family garden. So this year we are planting a family garden. It should be a fun project the kids call it the Farm. My mom and dad along with Stuart and I and our kids will be working on this venture. So Saturday we headed out there to rototill the hard soil(which it is really hard). Sometime this week we will be rototilling it again and then planting plants and some seeds. I can't wait to see what grows and to eat some fresh tomatoes.

FARMER JERROL

FARMER STUART AND FARMER JERROL

Jessica(holding up the rake), Stuart, Grandpa(Jerrol) and Grandma (Peggy)watering

3 comments:

Tammi Shepherd said...

So nice to see all you farmers working so hard so I can enjoy some of your labors while I am there. Thanks, love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I LOVE your blog. It's always so interesting. Good on Jessica and her seminary grad! What a little go-getter she is. (like her mom) ANd I love your farmer pictures. Sure makes me homesick for my favorite cousin. Will you ask him to mail me the deed that he's signed for our property so I can get it recorded.

Heidi said...

I hope you have better luck growing things than I do! (So far I've never actually been able to harvest anything. It always croaks long before I get anything actual edible from the plants.)