Monday, May 11, 2009

LAKE POWELL WITH THE MOUSAWS

Saturday we were invited to go to the Lake with the Mousaws. We (Jessica, Austin and I, Jordan had to work and Stuart had class)had such a great time. Their kids are a hoot. McKaela is at the age that she wants to know what everything is and WHY. I was sitting by her on the way there and she was asking all kinds of questions (remember I haven't had little kids for a while) I was trying to answer them but sometimes giving the real answer verses a version of real is better. For Example:


McKaela: Where do crocodiles live?
Kim: In the swamp.
McKaela: The Fwamp what is that?
Kim: It is where there is water and grass.
McKaela: The Fwamp is in the grass?
Kim: Not regular grass really tall grass.
McKaela: A Fwamp is tall grass where.
Kim: In Florida
McKaela: Wheres Florida?
Kim: A long long ways away.
McKaela: Like at the Lake
Kim: No you have to go on an airplane to get there.
McKaela: OH

Now if I had been thinking like a 4 year old instead of a teenager (which I deal with everyday) I would have just said they live at the zoo and that would be that. It was a fun car ride I learned alot of things and had to think alot.

The day was a great day. No wind, the water was cold but the kids still had alot of fun. We headed out from Antelope Marina and went north and west. We went down into west canyon. It is narrow but very pretty. We stopped there and swam. I did not swim but everyone else got in for a minute. It was freezing there. We then headed back to Padre Bay and on to Gunsight Butte. There Doug water ski'd and then we went around to the other side of the mountain. There the kids went on the big tube and then Austin knee boarded. He did a great job and had a great time.

Thanks so much for inviting us we had a great time.

Here are pictures and a couple of videos:


RJ, Jessica and McKaela


Austin on his first try at knee boarding
I loved the background in this picture. It is so beautiful at the lake.


Jess and Austin just lounging on the boat


McKaela swimming (fwimming in her words)


RJ thinking he is going to go swimming, but it was to cold for him.


Jessica, Kallie and Doug

Doug water skiing


RJ, Kallie and McKaela



Jess and Austin on the tube

McKaela was beat.





Jessica and Austin , Doug was trying to get them to hit some waves. It was really hard to video when we were bouncing around so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looked so fun. You're lucky to live so close and have good friends. Wonderful!

Kall said...

That story of McKaela is sooo funny. thank you for preserving a conversation that I wasnt even aware took place...ha ha Im kinda sleepy in the car. I love this post..can I just copy it and paste it into my blog???? thanks Kim! You guys are the best!

Jay and Jill said...

Hi, Kim. Looks like your family had fun at Lake Powell. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog once in a while. I tried to call Jessica yesterday but the number in the phone book didn't work. Anyway, I was wondering if Jessica and a few of her pitching friends would want to come and do a little pitching camp for some of the younger girls (ages 10-12) sometime in the next week. I was thinking Saturday morning, but whenever she can, except Tuesdays. Let me know. 689-0514. thanks!!!

Pages to Treasure said...

Hi :) My name is Erin from Pages to Treasure. When checking our Google Analytics this week, we noticed a referral from your blog. So I wanted to check it out! I see you have Pages 2 Treasure as places to print digital scrapbook pages, we wondered if maybe you wanted to take a look at Pages to Treasure as well!? We would be happy to print a few of your pages for you for free so you can see our quality :) Check us out if you want - www.pagestotreasure.com.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
Erin
erin@pagestotreasure.com

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. We can wait to get back to the lake.