Tuesday, March 31, 2009

RELAY FOR LIFE

My friend Robin asked if I would be on her team for Relay for Life. She is sponsoring a team in memory of her brother in law Wade Coleman who died of Pancreatic cancer just a couple of months ago. I am happy to be on her team. It is such a worthy cause. All of us have a relative or friend that has had to deal with the ravages of cancer. I am doing it in memory of my Grandpa Jack Leavitt, Grandma Dorene Leavitt and cousin Gordon Jeppson who all died of cancer.

We are in need of donations no matter the size and/or people who would like to join the team. All of the money that we raise goes to cancer research. The walk is on June 5th and will be lots of fun.

To make a donation click here, any amount is great.

To join the team click here

2 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

The relay is an awesome fund raiser! I am on the Gunnison Committee this year as the food chairman... This will be my third relay.... last year my then 6 year old went with me. Her and I and my sister in-law made a ton of homemade suckers (Kayla found a ribbon mold) and Jentrie sold them for 50 cents a piece...made it bit of change to hand in..she was so excited! Anyway...I don't know if you remember my aunt judy...she lived with my grandma for years after my grandpa died...anyway she passed away last Jan (08) from a rare form of liver cancer. The relay is a great thing to be involved with! When is yours?

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

duh! I just read...june 5th! hello!