Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LOTS TO CATCH UP ON AND NO PICTURES.

About a month ago Ashlee ended up with a major sinus infection and had to go into the hospital for some IV antibiotics and fluids. We were at the hospital most of the day. Then a couple of weeks later she had to have a root canal. Apparently her sinus infection settled in her jaw and she had a back tooth that had a cavity so the infection decided to settle there. She was on two rounds of antibiotics and then had to have a root canal on that tooth. Not fun!! She is finally feeling better. Everytime one of the girls gets sick the other one ends up getting the same thing whether it is contagious or not. Well it happened again. Last Sunday Jessica came down with a fever, headache and stomache ache. Stuart had been sick during the night so I just figured that she had the same thing. I knew she really didn't feel well when she didn't get up to go play softball so after two days of running a fever and having a headache I took her in to see the doctor. Low and behold she had a Sinus infection imagine that!! Maybe my girls were suppose to be twins. (ha, ha)
Austin-- Tuesday when I got home from exercise. I was walking in the door and Jessica came in to the kitchen getting a bandaid she says to me "dad doesn't think he needs stitches, could you look and seen what you think" (when it is our kids Stuart kind of takes a step back and depends on me to take care of the injuries). I am thinking what happened now! She told me that he had g0tten hit in the head with a flying cup. So I go in and check it out it was still bleeding pretty good so I cleaned it off and held it together while Jessica put a bandaid on it so that it would keep it closed. Then I had to change the bandaid a couple of time that night (carefully so as not to reopen the wound) . It probably could have used a stitch but it worked fine. I wish I had had some butterfly bandages. I will have to stock up on them. I use to have plenty. The next morning it was looking pretty good, a little swollen but staying together. As we were getting ready to leave Austin said. I am not going to school with a bandaid on my head. I said why not. He said everyone will tease me. I said just tell them you got hit in the head and cut it open. I am sure it will be okay. Well when he came home from school guess what. The bandaid was missing. I guess he would rather his cut be showing than a bandaid (that was clear). Kids!!!
Jordan- has just been working and 4 wheeling. Since he got his license he has been going 4 wheeling quite a bit. He is having lots of fun. He keeps himself pretty busy with working on peoples trucks and working and playing. He is a pretty easy kid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it never rains but what it pours at your house. My goodness...interesting! You're a busy mom.

Heidi said...

I hope the rounds of injuries/illnesses are over for awhile! It sounds like you've been busy!

Kall said...

Cute new blog look!! I saw the cutest pic of Jess in her cowboy ! Love it!!