Sunday, March 1, 2009

BASKETBALL SEASON HAS DRAWN TO A CLOSE!

We spent the weekend in Cedar City for the State 2A girls and boys basketball playoffs. It was quite an interesting time. On Thursday our girls played at 7:30 in the evening. They played undefeated Richfield Wildcats. Our girls put up a great fight and played hard. But couldn't pull out a win. On Friday they played the North Summit Braves (Stuarts home school). It was also a great game the girls played great I was so proud of them for making it to state. They lost and were out of the tournament but they had a great time. Jessica wanted to play one more game but that wasn't to be so. After the second game we headed over to the sports authority to buy some cleats for softball. Then Stuart and Jordan went home and Austin and I stayed with the team . Doug needed a chaperone for Friday and Saturday so I stayed. We watched alot of basketball. It ended up that Richfield won in the girls division in 2 overtimes against South Sevier. and North Summit boys won against South Sevier. It was fun to stay and watch without my kids always whining about when we are going to go.

Jessica and Janikah doing the belly(chest) bump during the announcements.

Jessica in the SUU logo during a foul shot.

Softball starts Monday, Jessica is really excited for softball. She loves pitching and playing 2nd base. They also have a new coach this year. Gary and Terri Glover they should be great. Today we went and worked on Jessicas pitching I sure she will have a sore arm but she was loving getting back into it. I videoed her pitching so that she could see what she needs to work on so tomorrow we will go and work on a few things for FHE.

4 comments:

Nicki said...

It's too bad it had to end the way it did! Gotta love small town politics!

Nicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I just want you to know how much I appreciate everything you do for me! You were such a big help to me today! I love you!!!!!
Ash

Anonymous said...

I love your cute signature. Maybe I should get on the ball and copy you and Taralee. You are both so creative.