A few Sundays ago we had a musical testimony meeting. It was so spiritual. I love music especially the hymns and how they make me feel. It is amazing how a song can make you cry for it seems no reason except that the spirit is touching you. I love that feeling. On this particular Sunday you were suppose go to the pulpit and tell which was your favorite hymn and why it was. Then the congregation would sing that hymn. I was not brave enough to get up and share, mostly because I was crying all through the meeting and second I could not decide which was my most favorite song and why. I love so many of the hymns that I don't know if I could choose just one. I have different reasons for all of them. Grandpa Leavitt instilled in me the love for the hymns and I am so grateful to him for that. He also handed down the gene which caused our tear ducts to be so close to our hearts. (for that I am not sure I am grateful haha).
I decided that I am going to post a video of my favorite songs on my blog each week. Last week I shared my most favorite gospel song which was Amazing Grace. This weeks is How Great Thou Art. If you would like to hear the song along with a video please click on the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn1-it5560o&feature=related
End of an Era
1 month ago











3 comments:
Of course we are related so I have the same tear duct problem you do and everytime I hear that song it brings tears to my eyes too. It reminds me of grandpa Leavitt. Thanks for posting it!
Love the song, too!
For some reason I remember that it was Carol Skaggs' favorite song. Not sure how I know that, but I always remember her when I hear it.
Love the colors of your blog this time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment