Thursday, April 21, 2011

CRUISE DAY FIVE - PUERTO VALLARTA 4/21/11

Today we woke up in Puerto Vallarta.  Ashlee, Brian and Austin went on a Pirate ship excursion they had to be at the dock at 7:30am.  The rest of us were just going to the beach so everyone else was still asleep.  I decided that I wanted to take a picture of the three of them leaving on their excursion.  When I got out on the deck of our ship there were two other ships docked there also.  The DISNEY WONDER and the HOLLAND AMERICA.   I am still amazed at how large the cruise ships are.   It just amazes me that something that heavy can float.  

This military boat came by while I was waiting.  
On the ships left was this view
On ships right was this view.

The lady in the white visor was letting people hold her bird.  It was a very pretty bird.



This is the Pirate Ship that Ashlee, Brian and Austin went on.  It is on its way to pick them up on the other side of the Disney ship. 
This mall is right across the street from the dock.   It was quite big. 
I thought this was kind of funny  that the mall and Walmart was right next to each other and right across from where the big cruise ships dock.  They are not dummies.   Once every one was up we did head over to Walmart to get Stuart some Dr. Pepper his stock was getting pretty low. 

The Pirate ship after they were all loaded up.  
Later that morning we all got ready to head to Walmart and the beach.   Walmart is very interesting there.  They sell washers and dryers, motorcycles, scooters, and all kinds of things that you would not expect.   You can pay in US dollars but don't expect to get change back in US dollars.  You get back Pesos.  Then you have to go and exchange them back as you are leaving the store.  What a process.  
On the way to the beach we were watching some parasailers.   It looks fun but sooo scary to me. 

Check out this guy.  He was selling hats, sunglasses, purses and caps.   (The whole time I sat on the beach watching the kids swim people kept stopping to ask me to buy something... Jewelry, dresses, hats, flowers, crab legs, you name it they were selling it.   I got sooooo sick of saying no thank you). 


These birds were all flying over one building.   There was probably about 10 of them.   They had weird shaped wings.   
Here is Jessica, Jon and Jordan thinking about going out into the water.   It was a little cold.
Jordan thought he was brave.  But not brave enough I guess. 


Finally they inched in a little.


As you can see Jessica thought it was really cold. 











 When Ashlee posts about their adventure I will add a link here. 
 The white truck says Bimbo Foods.  I think it is funny how different words are used in different languages. 
 As we were pulling out of the port I thought that I would take a picture of the beach we were at.   It is right in front of the pink hotel.  
 adios,  Puerto Vallarta. 

No comments: