Monday, June 21, 2010

Sad Day-- Sparkey

Today our dog we have had for 13 years passed away.  It is a good thing though he had been going down hill had had been pretty sick for the past week.  The last couple of days he had a really hard time breathing and today at lunch Jordan decided he was taking him to Best Friends to see what they could do for him.  That was about 1:45.  I went back to work since Jordan and Stuart were going to take him later in the afternoon.  Well about 15 minutes later Jessica called me and said that they thought that Sparkey had passed away.   I went home and checked and sure enough he had and he looked so peaceful.  He had been in alot of pain for a few days and I didn't want him to suffer.  I kept telling him I wish he could talk so he could tell me where it hurt and I could know better how to help him.   He was a great dog, very pretty coloring and very friendly.  We will miss him especially when it is time to go walking.    

I took this picture of him a couple of weeks ago when I was fixing the settings on my camera.  Looking at it now I can see that he was not feeling very well.  His eyes don't have the normal spark that they usually have.   I am truly glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore.  
No more dogs for us.  It is too hard to lose them.  I am amazed how attached that you get to pets.

We Will Miss You!! Sparkey  You were a great friend to us all. 

3 comments:

Jessica said...

aww... i miss him already. :(

Heidi said...

So sorry-- I hate losing a dog, it's like losing a family member. At least he is not in pain anymore.

Tammi Shepherd said...

Awww... so sorry for you guys, but he is in such a better place and probably playing with Jazz!