We had a very successful Relay this year. I am so proud of our team we came in 3rd out of 24 teams on our fundraising efforts. We raised a little over $2000.00. Next year our goal will be at least $5,000.00 and I know we can do it. We can start fundraising for next years Relay in September so be prepared all you friends and family.
Those of us who were there had a blast. We had Mom and Dad (Jerrol & Peggy Leavitt), Stuart and our kids, my cousin Karri Olds and her son Ryan came out from Hurricane she came with Linda Jeppson and her two daughters who live in Washington. Linda has had two types of cancer. My cousin Jerolyn came around 10:30 or so. The girls from Mountain America (where Ashlee works) and Me. Karri and Linda and their kids, Mom, Jerolyn, Stuart and I stayed up the whole night. We had a great time. I was busy working on the computer entry stuff but every time I checked they were walking or visiting. I am hoping next year we get many more family members to come and if they live to far away to come they can donate so that we can have a great showing of support in memory of our loved ones who have battled cancer. Some have won and some have lost but we need to remember all of them. Cancer has touched many people in our family and we can not forget that. We have a legacy to uphold lets do our jobs and hopefully no one else has to go through the same pain.
I didn't get any picture of the evening or night so alot of people had left by they time I got my camera out. (I might have to steal some when Robin gets hers blogged) Anyway here are a couple of the Relay. This is our Teams campsite.
August on the Way Out
3 weeks ago











2 comments:
I felt really bad that the McDonald team didn't pan out....I was really annoyed...could not for the life of me get any real commitments. I am hoping that next year it will be better..Knowing that it is in Sept will give me a year to get on everyone. We ended up being in Az the weekend of the relay. Ours is coming up the end of June...I am really excited about it...I know if they all came to one and seen what it is all about it would hook them like it did me 4 years ago....How much over all did the relay bring in? $2000 for a team is really great and 24 teams is FABULOUS!!! Good going Kanab Relay for Life!
I'm so glad that it was successful!! (Next year I will have to save some of my $ to send to your team. I supported our team from our ward but it would be nice to support my family members too.)
Post a Comment