My sister Tammi and her husband Brandon were in Las Vegas for a convention this weekend. I have known for a while that she would be there this weekend. I really wanted to see her since I haven't seen her since last Christmas but things kept coming up to prevent me from going. Well on Friday Stuart and I decided that we were going to go. We didn't tell them we just showed up on Saturday. They were planning on meeting at my uncle Ronnows at noon and then going to Cafe Rio for lunch with their family. So we showed up just a few minutes before they got there and Tammi was suprised. My mom knew since I needed someone to keep me informed of what they were doing. Anyway we all went to lunch and had a great time. Thanks Ronnow & Rhonda, Tom & Taralee & Kids, Kyle & Shelise and Hudson. It was great spending time with you all. After we ate we went next door and had Nelsons Fozen Custard (next door to Cafe Rio just like in St. George).
Then we went shopping cause tammi needed to get some thing for her kids. Plus she was looking for some shoes for herself (surprise, surprise since she is a shoeaholic). So we went shopping. It worked out well because I was able to get Jordan some new shoes, his were falling apart and I found Jessica some rainboots that she wanted for Christmas.
Later that afternoon e took them to the Venitian so that Tammi and Brandon could go to the Blue Man Group Show. We toured around the Venetian it was beautiful with its fake blue skies and beautiful buildings and Gondola rides. They also had a live statue it was fasinating to watch. The lady did a great job.
We walked around and watched the entertainment until they went into their show. Then Mom, Dad, Stuart and I went to check out Fremont Street. We hadn't been there since we moved. It was fun they have alot of things to see and entertainment going all the time. There were these artists that amazed me. All they use is spray paint, news paper, cardstock, and a small putty knife. The end picture took less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
There was a screen over head that was about 2 1/2 blocks long. It was amazing they played "WE WILL ROCK YOU" and "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" with a video that played over head it was really awesome. It was kind of a step away from the usual vegas stuff.
On Sunday we met at the Luxor. My parent and Tammi & Brandon went to the Human Bodies show while Staurt and I walked down to the Excalibur and toured around. Then we went to eat. Mom and Dad wanted to go to a Buffet so we went to the Orleans. It was okay. After we ate Tammi still needed to get something for her boys. so we found a Kohls and she found what she needed there.
After that Brandon had to rearrange their bags so that they could add Tammi's purchases. Then it was off to the airport to drop them off for their flight and then head home.











2 comments:
Oh gosh, that trip sounded so fun. I'm envious. All your family (but kids) together in Vegas. Can't beat that. I love your pictures, too. Is Tammi EVER not smiling. I've never seen a pic without a big smile. Nice!!
YES, it was SO FUN SEEING YOU GUYS!! Seriously, I had such a good time just getting to see your faces in "real life" lol! I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip. Call if you ever come back and we'll do the same :)
Post a Comment