Thursday, November 20, 2008

YOUNG WOMEN IN EXCELLENCE

Last night Jessica had her last Young Women in Excellence. It turned out great. She was a little embarrased because her basketball practice ran late so she had to come straight from practice to the church so she came in her basketball practice attire instead of a dress. I was just glad she was there I didn't care what she was wearing. Her project this year was her lifeguarding. Each project needs to be at least 10 hours of work so since she put in 36 hours of initial training and then working and inservice training for the whole summer I think it qualified.
Sister Armstrong was the guest speaker and she did a great job. She talked about Individual Work and Divine Nature. She showed a clip from the Lion King the part where Mufasa's spirit is telling Simba that he needs to remember who he is and that he is his son. She likened that to Heavenly Father and us. Reminding us that we need to remember who we are and that we are His children. Daughters of a King.
A scripture she quoted was Doctrine & Covenants 18 : 10 "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. "
It says souls not just your soul or one soul but souls meaning all souls. Every person here on earth is great in the sight of God. He knows each one of us and loves each of us individually.

After YW in Excellence I headed to moms house for Bunko. There was a great time had there. I love to go to Bunko. I was sad that I had to miss part of it but I am glad that I got to spend some time with Jessica also.

No comments: