Friday, November 28, 2008

Review of the last couple of weeks

To start off with Mom had bunko and wanted to have her Family room painted so for FHE we headed over to paint. It was a fun family project. It took us a couple of days but we got it done just in time.
Then on the 20th. This was the Fall Sports awards banquet. This year they have changed how they are doing the awards. Instead of having just one at the end of the year they are going to do one for each season. Fall, Winter and Spring. This should be alot better and make it more personal for each player. Jessica and Jordan both lettered. Jessica in Volleyball and Jordan in Golf.
Then on Friday, Jessica's birthday, the basketball team had their annual red and white game.(they split the team up and play against each other) It was fun to watch. I am so excited for this season.
Jessica shooting a foul shot
On Tuesday the 25th the basketball team played Fredonia. The girls were kind of dreading this game because Fredonia beat us by 40 points last year and all through little league and high school kanab has not beat them.
Well this night was a different story. Kanab beat fredonia by almost 30 points. Waaahoooo!!!!
It was such a fun game to watch that I forgot to take pictures. But I did take a pic of the score for proof.
Yesterday was Thanksgiving and we had a great day. Just relaxing and fun and wonderful food. I love Thanksgiving food. I hope everyone had a great day too.
Today is just a play day since I don't have to work and the kids are home. This evening some of my cousins and their kids will be coming to have a little party. Every year since I was in elementary my dads some of my dads brothers and sisters get together and go get Christmas trees on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. A couple of years ago some of the cousins started coming out the night before to stay. Now we just have a big party. We have pizza and go to the Church and play volleyball and basketball. It is so much fun. It just gets bigger and bigger.
Now starts the count down for Christmas.

2 comments:

Taralee said...

First of all I LOVE your blog's makeover! Your header looks awesome and I like the folding picture look!

Looks like some fun stuff going on :)

Annie Sunshine said...

Love your blog makeover too. Congrats Jessica on the big win over Fredonia.