Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BERNICE WILLOUGHBY 6/20/26-10/22/08


Bernice(Stuart's mom) passed away peacefully early this morning. We are saddened for our loss and happy for her great reunion with her husband, daughter, grandson, mother, father and siblings. I am sure it was a great party.
We met with Mosdells at the Funeral Home and decided everything will be on Saturday in Hoytsville:
Viewing 11am
Graveside service 12:30 pm
It has been an emotional time but we know she is in a better place. We will miss her.


Here are some things that I will always remember about her.
a. She was a wonderful cook. She cooked most everything from scratch.
b. She made beautiful quilts. Each of my children have one that she made for Them. Each quilt is peiced together and took alot of time. She love quilting.
c. She played the piano and was the pianist in primary for many years. She was really sad when her eyesight deteriorated enough that she couldn’t play anymore.
d. She was an avid reader and collected every LDS novel that came out. Before her husband had his stroke she had over 400 books in her collection.
e. She loves anything with sugar in it. She is diabetic and can’t have sugar but she loves it anyway.
f. She was a great sucker maker. Each year for Christmas she would make loads of suckers and send them out to each of her grandkids. They were all different shapes and flavors. My kids really miss the suckers.
g. She loved musicals especially ”The Sound of Music” .
h. She loved her husband. They were married for 60 years and one month when he passed away.
5. I am truly grateful for the Beehive home and the staff there. If it weren’t for them I don’t know what we would have done. Bernice needed 24 hour care which we couldn’t give with out one of us quitting our jobs. They have done a great job with her. She loves it there and they take wonderful care of her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry Stuart and Kim. I haven't seen her since Coalville (your wedding) 20 something years ago.
Love you guys!
Pete

Tammi Shepherd said...

It's a hard thing even when you are expecting it and know its for the best. I am sure she is having a wonderful reunion with Leonard.

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm glad that she can now be with her husband and other family.

Boo said...

I am so sorry! I know even when you are prepared- you can never REALLY be prepared. If there is anything I can do please let me know!

Boo said...

I am so sorry! I know even when you are prepared- you can never REALLY be prepared. If there is anything I can do please let me know!