After the Adventure dome we checked into our hotel. It was in Green Valley. It was hot so we cooled off by going swimming in the hotel pool. There were interesting hairdos and lots of dunking.
After swimming we went to tour the Las Vegas Strip on a double decker bus.It was alot of fun. We sat at the upper level in the front. It started south of the strip and goes all the way down to Fremont street. The kids were hungry when we started so we thought that we could eat at the food court on the strip.
Here are some pics from the strip while we were on the bus.

The Motorcycle is as tall as the buildings.
There is an elevator in the Eiffel Tower that goes to the top.
How scary I don't like elevators
After riding the bus for probably an hour we were finally at the Venetian. The kids were starving so we got off the bus and were going to go across the street to catch the bus going back the other way but Stuart thought that it would be faster to walk. So that is what we did. It took us forever. I kept thinking we must have passed it. But finally after walking for at least 45 minutes we could see our destination. The kids were so happy because they were ready to eat. (I don't recommend taking kids down the strip there is way to much nudity every where you look, people passing out cards and flyers everywhere. We couldn't get out fast enough.)
We made it back to our rooms late and slept well we were all so tired. We did get all of our school shopping done so we are ready for that, thank heavens. I sure like shopping for the boys instead of the girls. They are so much easier. It is pretty much jeans, tshirts and a pair of shoes and we are done. Not so for the girls, they have to look and touch and look some more. It takes forever.
This was the last stop before we caught our bus back to our car. Everyone is very tired and ornery.
Ornery or not I think we had a good time and some great memories.











2 comments:
It seems so funny to me that people actually do vacation in Vegas. I could have warned you, don't look down on the strip. There is a reason why it is called "Sin City". Vegas is not the cleanest place to be, but it does have beautiful hotels. I am very thankful I do not live there anymore.
We lived there for 5 years in the early 90's. I don't remember it being like that then. I am sure it has gotten worse over the years. Now I know and wont do that again.
Post a Comment