Monday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Family Home Evening. We had a lesson on Service given by Austin. He did a great job.
Tuesday we were suppose to go to Jessica's game but it was changed to Wednesday.
Wednesday our plans were to go to St. George on Wednesday and spend the evening with Dennis and Cynthia and their boys who had come to St. George from Coalville for a Seminar. But since Jessica's game was changed we didn't get to go. However we got to watch Jessica play and pitch. She did a good job.
Thursday Stuart and I both had meetings.
Friday Jessica had a Double Header and Jess and Ashlee had tickets to go to the Colbie Caillat Concert at Tuachan. She thought she had permission to leave the game early. But just before the game her coach told her that it was and important game and that he wanted her to stay. So what do you think Jessica did?? Did she go anyway and leave early or did she stay loyal to her team and stay and pitch?? Well .... She stayed and pitched. Jessica would not disappoint her team and so since her coach asked her to stay she did. (Her coach called Saturday morning and apoligized apparently he thought she was talking about a strings concert not a real concert that we paid for.) Ashlee and Chelsea went with out her. They won the first game but lost the second game by one. The umpire was terrible and called a couple of horrible calls in the second game. That seems to be the norm lately. I don't know why we can't get refs that are fair on both sides.
Saturday we spent cleaning the house while listening to conference. Brian and Ashlee came over in the after noon and we spent the afternoon washing all the cars. (I wish that I had my camera out, I need to be better at that) We had Nate all weekend and he was a really good boy.
Sunday we all watched conference and make homemade chicken noodle soup. (yum, yum)
It was a wonderful conference. The Solemn Assembly on Saturday morning was very neat to watch. Apparently I didn't pay attention last time that happened. I felt the spirit so strong when D. Todd Christofferson the new Apostle was taking his new seat. I think he will make a great Apostle.
End of an Era
1 month ago











2 comments:
Sounds like a busy week. I really like Elder Christofferson's talk as well. I am always sad when an apostle or prophet passes away, but I always end up loving the new apostle (who couldn't - they have such awesome things to say). It is a testimony to the fact that the keys and authority live on after the apostles pass away.
Conference was awesome - the Solemn Assembly was interesting to watch how President Monson is sustained. Ashlee is pretty dedicated - I don't know if I would have stayed.
Post a Comment