Saturday, September 18, 2010

HOMECOMING

Homecoming was on Friday with the Dance being on Saturday night. So you know with Homecoming there is a week filled with stuff at the school. Each day they have dress up days which my boys don't participate in but alot of the kids do. This year happens to be the 100 anniversary of the Kanab High School. There was a couple of articles in the paper (which I guess are going to continue all year) to commerate the 100 year mark. During the homecoming parade there were 6 or 7 oldtimers, riding in old cars, that had all graduated from KHS in the 1930's and 40's. It was cool. They had a school picture of them either attached to the car or someone walking alongside holding the picture. Then at the game they had all the people who are alumni gather on the field during half time. There were quite a few people out on the field and alot in the stands that I could see that should have been there. Then Principal Jacobs talked about how they are bringing back the old school song since it hadn't been used since right after I graduated(some one wrote an updated one). Then they had all the alumni sing the old song. It was fun to see all the people there.
We won the game I can't remember the score but it was a good game.

No comments: