It has been 8 years today since my heart attack. This year when I went into my heart appointment I was asking the doctor how long stents last since when I got mine they were fairly new and they didn't have enough data to know how long they would last, they were hoping for 7 to 10 year. Well the time hasn't changed much now he says 8 to 10 years. Well I am just starting my 9th year with them and I hope to be the exception and have them last 20 years or more. I am not in any hurry to have them replaced. It doesn't sound fun to me, but I guess it is up to me to take care of my self and hopefully they will last alot longer. Also when I went in he finally took me off Plavix, Wahoo that prescription was really expensive.
August on the Way Out
3 weeks ago











2 comments:
Congratulations on getting through that successfully for all of these years. Scary stuff, but so blessed with what medical science can even do now. Hope they keep lasting as long as possible!
Oh my gosh!! I had no idea you had a heart attack! super scary...way way to young (because I know how old you are!!!) Rhett has arrhythmia (Atrial fibrillation)...that is scary enough. he has had two Ablations done...one when we first married that took 7 hours (ugh!) and the last one 5 1/2 years ago..just before our baby was born...not as long...I hope you have NO more issues with your heart and am glad that you are heading into your 9th year!!! Good luck my friend!!
Post a Comment