Tuesday, September 8, 2009

JACK & DORENE LEAVITT FAMILY REUNION 2009

This past weekend we traveled the narrow road up to kolob mtn. It was time for the annual family reunion. It started on Friday but most everyone came up on Saturday morning. Friday we set up camp (thanks to Merlin and Skyler who helped us, since Stuart and Jordan were not there yet) We visited a little and then helped Shelise and Kyle set up there tent (well the men did while the women watched and gave moral support). Ashlee and Brian showed up about 9pm and soon after they got there we went to bed. But I can't say went to sleep because that didn't come for a long time. I was way to cold. Austin was out with in a few minutes and I just layed there freezing. I finally went to sleep when it started pouring rain and then the thunder and lightening started. It was loud and long. It rained most of the night. I must have fallen asleep finally because morning came and it was cold but not rainy. I got up and took a walk around the campground. No one was up yet so it must have been fairly early.
We had a great day visiting, playing and eating. This year instead of each family bringing food for all the meals we split it up so that each family would do one meal. So we had two or three families assigned each meal. Shellie and I did Saturday lunch. We did bbq beef sandwiches and salads. It turned out great and I didn't have to take anyother food except snacks for the kids.
There was a zip line there and most everyone took a turn going down. And everyone had a great time. We had some games and crafts and the kids rode the 4 wheelers. It was really relaxing and fun.
Sunday we had Church and it was so wonderful. The spirit was so strong. Most all the men that got up talked about priesthood blessing and all of us being together for eternity. I love all of my family and I hope we all will be together for eternity. Later in the day we had Family Home Evening and were split up in to teams and then were given a bag of stuff that we had to use to come up with a skit. It was fun and all the teams did great.
Monday we packed up and headed home. We all have some great memories to carry us through the year.

1 comment:

Taralee said...

Thanks for your great slide show. I watched all of it and it made me so sad that we weren't there. It really really stinks we couldn't go this year but we are 110% planning to go next year (unless some CRAZY thing happens). It looks like so much fun and my mom and Shelise both said they had a great time. I'm sorry we missed it!!!! (I hope you all survived not having me there, LOL!)

Thanks again for the pictures!