FRIENDS FOR THE CURE
This is our Relay for Life team name. Since we only have a few family members on our team we felt that we should change our team name. This is what we came up with. We did great in fundraising this year. Ashlee, Megan and Rebecca did a car wash and Mom and some of her recruits did a yard sale. They were both a great success. We also did email and facebook fundraising. They did okay. I have found that most people don't really follow through with donating so next year we are going to have to work on some new ways of getting donations. I need to find a new way to help people understand what the relay is and why it is so important to me. First of all it is important because I don't want any more of my family to die from cancer. Between both sides of our families we have had many different kinds of cancer and I don't want my kids to have to suffer with it if I can help it. So in memory of my Grandparents and my cousin Gordon I will keep doing the relay each year. Also the past two years we have had someone in our ward that is going through Chemo treatments during the relay season. This year it was a little 7 year old boy. He was even at the relay walking and lifting everyones spirits. We had over 70 Survivors come to the survivor dinner and walk the survivor/caregiver lap. There are so many emotions during the relay it is amazing. I love the feeling it gives me to know that our relay helps so many people. Not only with money for research but also support during their tough times. Our Kanab relay brought in over $29000.00 dollars to help with cancer research and local programs/services all of this money stays in Utah.
![]() |
![]() |
| A photo slideshow by Smilebox |













1 comment:
What a great slide show. I feel like a loser for bailing out. What an amazing event. Next year for sure count me in!!
Post a Comment