
TO DONATE click here
Last year was my first experience with Relay for Life and it was wonderful. This year I decided to head up a team honoring my Grandpa Jack Leavitt, Grandma Dorene Leavitt and cousin Gordon Jeppson who all passed away as a result of cancer. Relay for life is a program designed to raise money for research while honoring the survivors and their caregivers and remembering those who did not survive. It takes alot of money to do the research it takes to find medicines to cure or stop the growth of cancer. If we do our little part it goes along way.
Those who want to join me in the walk on June 4th, this happens to be my Grandpa Jacks birthday, get registered to we can get started I would really like to celebrate his life by helping others in the fight for cancer. I think he would be pleased.
Here is a little video that kind of explains what Relay for Life is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esdA6RMpm3I&feature=related
We need to sign up now to get started on our fundraising efforts. All it takes is $10.00 to register for the team. Even if you cant be here on June 4th or 5th you can still help with our fundraising efforts. I want to honor our loved ones by helping as much as we can to aid in cancer research. There is a picture on the sidebar you can click on to get to our team page or click here.
A little about the Relay it self. It is not a true relay. Each team is suppose to have at least one person on the track at all times. You can walk or run it is up to you. Most people walk and for example last year Stuart and I were on different teams and Jessica was on my team and we all walked together during our time slots. You can choose when you want to walk. There are half hour time slots from about 6:30 pm until 9:30am. It is a family event, there will be food and entertainment and activities. You can pitch a tent or bring a trailer or just come for the evening or the morning. What ever you choose. When it is dark the lumineria bags (a bag you can buy through the website) get lit. It is beautiful. Each bag has someones name on it either honoring or in memory of someone who had cancer(if you buy one you can decorate it yourself if you want). They light up the track all night. Purchasing these also goes towards our fundraising.











1 comment:
I have several friends that are doing this down here. It sounds like a very fun event. I'll have to see if I can join in next year.
Post a Comment