Today is Jessica's 21st birthday.
I am wondering where the time has gone. It is funny what you remember about that day and what you don't. I remember staying with Aunt Jeanie the week before she was born (because we lived in Las Vegas and my doctor was in St George and Ashlee was 2 weeks early and a fast labor). Jessica was born at 3am so everyone stayed up with me and walked with me and drove me to the hospital. Stuart was still in Vegas working and Mom was on her way from Kanab. Thanks to Aunt Jeanie's family I was in good hands. Labor was really hard and painful for about 40 minutes and I remember thinking that my hips were going to pop out of their sockets but it was all worth it.
She is the only baby I have had that was sick when she was born and had to stay in the hospital for a few days. That was really scary seeing her hooked up to all the monitors and under the oxygen thing. Luckily my grandparents only lived a couple of blocks away so I was able to stay with them while she was still in hospital and could go back and forth easily. She was in the NICU so there was no place for parents to stay in the hospital. It was the hardest thing to leave her but they nurses were great and I could call anytime and get an update. Once she was released from the hospital she has been healthy and wonderful.
Jessica is a very loving and caring person. She is loyal and a peacemaker. She hates to be called Jessie. She is very stubborn and very sarcastic.
I love you!! Jess
August on the Way Out
3 weeks ago












2 comments:
My gosh, how time flies! She still seems like a young girl to me, but I can see by her pictures that she is a beautiful (gorgeous) young lady. Happy Birthday, Jessica! And congrats, Kim (and Stuart) for raising such a wonderful family!
Wow, 21 already! Happy birthday, Jessica!
Post a Comment