Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July 2011

This year I finally got out of doing all my jobs for the 4th.  The mayor asked the volunteer center to take over the planning this year.  I did help this year but didn't have to  be in charge. 

The 4th always starts out with salutes (loud fireworks) that wake most of the town up. This happens at dawn Jordan was pretty excited to be able to help light off the salutes and the fireworks this year since he is a full fledged fireman now. (I need to get a picture of him in his turnouts)


 As usual the Parade starts with out local military men. 
This first one is Courtney Heyborne (Hayle Clark's husband)
he was in the marines.
 The other one standing is Dason Ott. 
 He just got finished with boot camp and is heading to gunner school.

 Our own "Statue of Liberty"  made by Stacey Grosz.


 We even had two plus Elvi in the parade.



All in all the 4th was great and more relaxing that the past few years. 

Happy Independance Day to you all!!

No comments: